10:30 am, 3 December 2023 Halifax
Gathering MusicHymn 566: Fear Not, O Little Flock
*Call to Worship: (Zephaniah 3:14-17 NKJV)
Sing, O daughter of Zion!
Shout, O Israel!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
O daughter of Jerusalem!
The Lord has taken away your judgments,
He has cast out your enemy.
The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst;
You shall see disaster no more.
In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem:
"Do not fear; Zion, let not your hands be weak.
The LORD your God in your midst,
The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over
you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
*Confession of God's Power: (Jeremiah 32:17-19 NKJV in unison)
Ah, Lord God!
Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth
by Your great power and outstretched arm.
There is nothing too hard for You.
You show lovingkindness to thousands,
and repay the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them—the Great, the Mighty God, whose name is the Lord of hosts.
You are great in counsel and mighty in work,
for Your eyes are open to all the ways of the sons of men,
to give everyone according to his ways
and according to the fruit of his doings.
*Song of ApproachPsalm 106-A
Old Testament Scripture ReadingExodus 14:1-31
Song of DeliverancePsalm 106-B
SermonFaith that Sets You Free
New Testament Scripture ReadingHebrews 11:29
The Lord's Supper
*Song of Trust in GodPsalm 31-G
*Benediction: (Ephesians 3:20-21 NKJV)
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is on the table for tithes and offerings
Hymnbooks & Psalters are in the foyer
Afternoon Service, 2:00 pm
Pre-service Prayer Meeting from 1:25-1:55 pm (Open with Psalm Psalm 77-A)
*Call to Worship: Isaiah 55:1, 6-7
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 115-D
Old Testament Scripture ReadingNumbers 25:1-18
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonPergamos: Purge the Leaven
New Testament Scripture ReadingRevelation 2:12-17
*Prayer of Application
*Song of ResponsePsalm 106-D
*Benediction: 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24, 28
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord's Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you. Please join us for lunch in the church basement following the morning worship service.
The Lord's Supper: We celebrate the Lord's Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God's love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God's resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God's Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with our elder after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. If you are training them to sit in the service, you may take them to the room at the back of the church from which the worship service can be seen and heard. If they are not ready to sit through the service, you may drop them off in the staffed nursery room in the basement of the church.