10:30 am, 4 June 2023 Halifax
Gathering MusicHymn 472: Come, Ye Sinners, Poor and Wretched
*Call to Worship: (Matthew 11:28-30 NKJV)
“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me,
for I am gentle and lowly in heart,
and you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
*Confession of God's Mercy: (Psalm 36:5-9 NKJV in unison)
Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens;
Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Your righteousness is like the great mountains;
Your judgments are a great deep;
O Lord, You preserve man and beast.
How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust
under the shadow of Your wings.
They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.
*Song of ApproachPsalm 81-A
Old Testament Scripture ReadingAmos 4:1-5:15
Song of the Lord's Tender CallPsalm 81-B
SermonChrist and the Nova Scotia Wildfires
New Testament Scripture ReadingMatthew 23:37-39
*Song of RepentancePsalm 80-B
The Lord's Supper
*Song of AssurancePsalm 91-A
*Benediction: (1 Peter 5:10-11)
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is on the table for tithes and offerings
Hymnbooks & Psalters are in the foyer
Afternoon Service, 2:00 pm
Pre-service Prayer Meeting from 1:25-1:55 pm (Open with Psalm 34-B)
*Call to Worship: (Psalm 34:1-3)
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 106-E
Old Testament Scripture ReadingIsaiah 56:1-12
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonCorporate Prayer: Its Mandate, Nature, and Importance
New Testament Scripture ReadingMatt 6:5-15, 1 Tim 2:1-15
*Prayer of Application
*Song of ResponsePsalm 72-B
*Benediction: (Romans 15:5)
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord's Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you. Please join us for lunch in the church basement following the morning worship service.
The Lord's Supper: We celebrate the Lord's Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God's love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God's resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God's Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with our elder after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. If you are training them to sit in the service, you may take them to the room at the back of the church from which the worship service can be seen and heard. If they are not ready to sit through the service, you may drop them off in the staffed nursery room in the basement of the church.