Main Worship Service
September 19 2021, 11:00 at Halifax & 3:00 at Glenholme & Livestream
Gathering MusicPsalm 130-A
*Call to Worship: Isaiah 55:1, 6-7 NKJV
Ho! Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters;
And you who have no money, come, buy and eat.
Yes, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.
Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
Let him return to the Lord, and He will have mercy on him;
And to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.
*Confession of Faith (WSC Q. 82-85 responsively)
Q. 82: Is any man able perfectly to keep the commandments of God?
A: No mere man since the fall is able in this life perfectly to keep the com-mandments of God, but doth daily break them in thought, word, and deed.
Q. 83: Are all transgressions of the law equally heinous?
A: Some sins in themselves, and by reason of several aggravations, are more heinous in the sight of God than others.
Q. 84: What doth every sin deserve?
A: Every sin deserveth God’s wrath and curse, both in this life, and that which is to come.
Q. 85: What doth God require of us, that we may escape his wrath and curse due to us for sin?
A: To escape the wrath and curse of God due to us for sin, God requireth of us faith in Jesus Christ, repentance unto life, with the diligent use of all the out-ward means whereby Christ communicateth to us the benefits of redemption.
*Song of ApproachPsalm 103-A
Old Testament Scripture Reading2 Samuel 11:1-17 & 12:1-15
Song of InstructionPsalm 36-A
SermonChrist’s Reception of Great Sinners
New Testament Scripture ReadingLuke 15:1-32
The Lord’s Supper
*Song of Complete Forgiveness Psalm 32-C
*Benediction 2 Corinthians 13:14 NKJV
You are encouraged to visit our free literature table
Psalters & bulletins are in the foyer
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Secondary Worship Service
9:00 am at Halifax & 6:00 pm at Glenholme & Livestream
Welcome & Announcements
*Call to Worship: Psalm 34:1-3
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 78-A
The Ten CommandmentsExodus 20:1-17
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonThe Sixth Commandment-- Introduction (John 8:31-47)
*Prayer of Application
*Song of ResponsePsalm 122-A
*Benediction: (1 Thess 3:12-13)
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. If you would like assistance in looking after them during the service, please let us know and we can arrange something.