First Worship Service
10:30 am (Glenholme)
5:30 pm (Halifax)
9 August 2020
Gathering MusicPsalm 145-A
*Call to Worship: Psalm 69:34-36 NKJV
Let heaven and earth praise Him,
The seas and everything that moves in them.
For God will save Zion
And build the cities of Judah,
That they may dwell there and possess it.
Also, the descendants of His servants shall inherit it,
And those who love His name shall dwell in it.
The Apostles’ Creed (in unison)See Insert
*Song of ApproachPsalm 145-B
Old Testament Scripture ReadingDeuteronomy 6:1-25
Song of ResponsePsalm 145-C
SermonThe Magnificent Answer of Our Lord
New Testament Scripture ReadingMark 12:28-34
The Lord’s Supper
*Song of Warning and BlessingPsalm 2
*Benediction Ephesians 6:23-24
Peace to the brethren, and love with faith,
From God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Psalters are in the foyer
Second Worship Service, 1:30 pm (Glenholme)
*Call to Worship: Psalm 148:7-9
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter] Psalm 55-A
New Testament Scripture ReadingActs 10:34-43
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonWSC Q-23: The Offices of Christ (Isaiah 61:1-11)
*Prayer of Application
*Song of ResponsePsalm 45-B
*Benediction: Revelation 1:4-6
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. Since Covid-19, we do not have a nursery worker to assist you, nor do we have a cry room set up at Glenholme. We apologise about that. Please talk to us if you need some assistance in the future. We do have a cry room where parents can take their children and still see and hear the service in Halifax. You can enter it from the foyer.