AM Worship Service
10:30 am (Halifax, Glenholme & Livestream)
18 April 2021
Gathering MusicPsalm 84-A
*Call to Worship: Zephaniah 3:14-17 NKJV
Sing, O daughter of Zion! Shout, O Israel!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart, O daughter of Jerusalem!
The Lord has taken away your judgments, He has cast out your enemy.
The King of Israel, the Lord, is in your midst; You shall see disaster no more.
In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem: "Do not fear; Zion, let not your hands be weak.
The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing."
*Confession of Faith (in unison)The ShemaHear O Israel, The Lord our God, the Lord is One!
You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart,
With all your soul, and with all your strength.
And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
You shall teach them diligently to your children,
And shall talk of them when you sit in your house,
When you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
You shall bind them as a sign on your hand,
And they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
*Song of the PraisePsalm 36-B
New Testament Scripture ReadingJohn 14:1-31
Song of Supplication & HopePsalm 63-B
SermonLet HIM Kiss Me
Old Testament Scripture ReadingSong of Solomon 1:2-3
The Lord’s Supper (Glenholme Only)
*Song of Marriage to Christ Psalm 45 (Inside Back Cover of Psalter)
*Benediction 2 Corinthians 13:11,14 NKJV
Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace;
And the God of love and peace will be with you.
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,
And the love of God,
And the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Psalters are in the foyer
PM Worship Service
1:30 pm (Glenholme & Livestream), 5:30 pm (Halifax)
Welcome & Announcements
*Call to Worship: Psalm 29:1-2
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 69-E
New Testament Scripture ReadingRevelation 15:1-8
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonWSC Q. 54: 3rd Commandment Requirements (Isaiah 40:1-31)
*Prayer of Application
The Lord’s Supper (Halifax Only)
*Song of ResponsePsalm 145-A
*Benediction: 1 Timothy 1:17 & 1 Thessalonians 5:28
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. Since Covid-19, we do not have a nursery worker to assist you, nor do we have a cry room set up at Glenholme. We apologise about that. Please talk to us if you need some assistance in the future. We do have a cry room in Halifax to which you can take your children and from which the service can be seen and heard.