AM Worship Service
10:30 am (Halifax, Glenholme & Livestream)
17 January 2021
Gathering MusicPsalm 89-A
*Call to Worship: Psalm 22:23-25, 27 NKJV
You who fear the Lord, praise Him!
All you descendants of Jacob, glorify Him,
And fear Him, all you offspring of Israel!
For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted;
Nor has He hidden His face from Him;
But when He cried to Him, He heard.
My praise shall be of You in the great assembly;
I will pay My vows before those who fear Him.
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations shall worship before You.
*The Apostles’ Creed (in unison)See Insert
*Song of the ApproachPsalm 22-A
Old Testament Scripture ReadingZephaniah 1:1-18
Song of Patience under ChastisementPsalm 38-A
SermonHe Answered Nothing
New Testament Scripture ReadingMark 15:1-5
The Lord’s Supper (Glenholme Only)
*Song of Faith in Affliction Psalm 90-C
*Benediction I Peter 5:10-11 NKJV
May the God of all grace,
Who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus,
After you have suffered a while,
Perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you.
To Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever.
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Psalters are in the foyer
PM Worship Service
1:30 pm (Glenholme & Livestream), 5:30 pm (Halifax)
Welcome & Announcements
*Call to Worship: Psalm 112:1-3
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 66-B
New Testament Scripture ReadingColossians 3:1 – 4:6
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonWSC Q. 39: Our Duty to God (Micah 6:1-8)
*Prayer of Application
The Lord’s Supper (Halifax Only)
*Song of ResponsePsalm 119-A
*Benediction: 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. Since Covid-19, we do not have a nursery worker to assist you, nor do we have a cry room set up at Glenholme. We apologise about that. Please talk to us if you need some assistance in the future. We do have a cry room in Halifax to which you can take your children and from which the service can be seen and heard.