AM Worship Service
10:30 am (Halifax, Glenholme & Livestream)
28 February 2021
Gathering MusicPsalm 67-Insert
*Call to Worship: 1 Chronicles 16:23-25 NKJV
Sing to the Lord, all the earth;
Proclaim the good news of His salvation from day to day.
Declare His glory among the nations,
His wonders among all peoples.
For the Lord is great and greatly to be praised;
He is also to be feared above all gods.
*Confession of Rejoicing (Isaiah 61:10-11 in unison)
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord,
My soul shall be joyful in my God;
For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation,
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness,
As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments,
And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the earth brings forth its bud,
As the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth,
So the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise
to spring forth before all the nations.
*Song of the PraisePsalm 40-C
Old Testament Scripture Reading2 Kings 6:24 – 7:20
Song of ProclamationPsalm 22-D
SermonPreach the Gospel to Every Creature
New Testament Scripture ReadingMark 16:14-18
The Lord’s Supper (Glenholme Only)
*Song of Blessing & Hope Psalm 22-I
*Benediction Romans 16:25-27 NKJV
Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ,
according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began but now made manifest,
and by the prophetic Scriptures made known to all nations,
according to the commandment of the everlasting God for obedience to the faith—to God,
alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.
You are encouraged to visit our literature table
A box is available for tithes and offerings
Psalters are in the foyer
PM Worship Service
1:30 pm (Glenholme & Livestream), 5:30 pm (Halifax)
Welcome & Announcements
*Call to Worship: Psalm 100
*Opening Song [singing through the Psalter]Psalm 68-C
New Testament Scripture ReadingActs 17:16-31
Psalm SingingRequests given by the congregation
SermonWSC Q. 47: First Commandment Prohibitions (Dt 31:30 – 32:47)
*Prayer of Application
The Lord’s Supper (Halifax Only)
*Song of ResponsePsalm 96-A
*Benediction: Galatians 1:3-5
A Word to Our Visitors
Welcome: We are pleased that you have come to worship with us at CRPC and Erskine ARP. We believe that Jesus Christ, the Head of the Church, has called His people to gather each Lord’s Day in worshipping assemblies like this. We pattern our worship according to the directives He has given to us in the Bible. We pray that your attendance today will be beneficial to you.
The Lord’s Supper: We celebrate the Lord’s Supper each week. You are most welcome to join us if you are able to affirm the following:
(1) Do you confess that you are a sinner in the sight of God; that you deserve His punishment; that you are unable to save yourself; and that you are without hope of salvation apart from God’s love and mercy?
(2) Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of sinners; and are you trusting in Him alone for your salvation?
(3) Do you accept the Bible, comprised of the Old and New Testaments, as the written Word of God; and as the only perfect rule of faith and life?
(4) Do you rely upon the Holy Spirit so that you can live all of life as a Christian, following the example set by Jesus Christ?
(5) Do you endeavour to exercise faithful stewardship of God’s resources entrusted to you for the furtherance of God’s Kingdom and purposes?
(6) Are you a baptised communicant member in good standing of a church that teaches and requires its members to uphold (in essence) the affirmations above?
If you cannot affirm all six of these statements, please do not partake. We encourage you to speak with the pastor or with one of our elders after the service to discuss this. It is our desire that you would be able to make this profession.
Parents: You are encouraged to keep your children with you in the worship service. Since Covid-19, we do not have a nursery worker to assist you, nor do we have a cry room set up at Glenholme. We apologise about that. Please talk to us if you need some assistance in the future. We do have a cry room in Halifax to which you can take your children and from which the service can be seen and heard.